The legendary sailplane available at TOPMODEL in third scale with S.L.D.*
The Schleicher Ka 6 is a single-seat glider designed by Rudolf Kaiser, built by Alexander Schleicher GmbH & Co in Germany and is made of Spruce and plywood and covered by tissu. The prototype took the air for the first time on October 30, 1956 . After several versions (B , B- Pe , BR, CR , CR- Pe) declined in nearly a decade, the last ultimate variant is the Ka 6E and flew for the first time July 29, 1965. The improvements included an all-moving tailplane, a wheel as the main undercarriage with no nose skid, a more aerodynamic fuselage with glassfiber nose and wingroot fairings, longer canopy, and modified aluminium airbrakes.
This is the version, the more efficient, we have chosen to reproduce at third scale, 5-meter wingspan. The Ka 6E is a true legend and aeromodelists are familiar with her. Her flying qualities are fantastic, magical, and its silhouette in flight is recognizable among all. And what a treat, when evening comes at the slope, in quiet favorable air , to perform touches and go, rolling fifty meters on the rounded top ! For sure, these moments of happiness will remain etched forever in your memory ...
Strong key features of our Ka 6E
● The elegant all open structure built wing covered with Oracover ® is perfectly faithfull to original and has electric speedbrakes already installed. The fuselage made in fiberglass reproduces the real as accurately as possible, while being particularly robust.
● The model is expected to be equipped with an electric motor that allows her to be completely independent at the airfield (S.L.D.). Of course, it is also possible to use her as a pure glider. Simply removing the propeller as the great and now well known special device common to all ECOTOP semi-scale gliders.
● The smooth style of flight of the Ka 6E original is obviously respected.
● The thermal performance are breathtaking and circlings are an amazing realism.
● The Ka 6E is particularly easy to land. With its high wing and chubby fuselage, she is very stable on finals. Electrical speebrakes cause no parasite pitch coupling.
● And of course ... the model comes nearly assembled and fully covered. Only final assembly, mounting the radio and drive train is left to you. Suffice to say he has never been so easy to build and fly a huge third scale glider !
● 6S 5000 mAh battery pack provides almost 5 minutes of motor run allowing long flight duration even without any thermals and , in total autonomy - no need to wait for the tow plane at your airfield or for wind at the slope !
● At the slope, the motor is powerful enough to climb back from deep down without concern.
● The buoyant asymmetrical airfoil, associated with a moderate wing loading and effective airbrakes, provides landings at reduced speed.
*S.L.D.: Self Launching Device
Content of the set
Quick Build Kit
- Fiberglass fuselage, painted, reinforced with carbon tapes
- Ready canopy installed on its frame with integrated magnets
- Open structure balsa and plywood built-up wings, covered with Oracover®. Ready with electric speedbrakes installed
- 1" carbon wing joiner
- Floating stab and rudder built-up in balsa and covered with Oracover®, ready
- Premium quality hardware: 3.50" wheel, fiberglass control horns, various plywood parts, linkages, metal and ball clevises, pull-pull rudder cable, screws, etc.
- Illustrated step by step construction manual.
Topmodel - 33% Ka 6E - 5.0m wingspan ARF
- Brand: topmodel
- Product Code: Topmodel - 33% Ka 6E 197" ARF
- Availability: 2-3 weeks
- CMC Product ID: 868
- Ex Tax: R23,418.26